Last year I knitted Dad a jumper and it was a bit of a disaster…
It was obviously supposed to be finished and under the tree Christmas morning but it ran well behind schedule. On Christmas morning poor old Pops unwrapped a pair or socks I bought in Watt Brothers and the pattern…
Now, I promise you I DID do a tension square and it seemed fine…
I really liked the chunky stitch
but I knitted and knitted and it just got bigger and bigger!
(yes, I think that might indeed be my boob in the corner there…sorry about that!)
This pattern has a drop shoulder sleeve so I wasn’t too worried that the front and the back were both like sails.
I became very al-ARM-ed however when it came to the sleeves. They were enourmous, each taking up a small sheep’s worth yarn.
I kept telling myself it would be ok though when it was made up…..how wrong I was!
By the time I had actually finished (a full 5 months after Christmas) and gave it to him I knew it wasn’t possible it would fit but was so darn heart sick about it having knitted solidly for an eternity I didn’t have the heart to unpick it and start again….
I tried again this year and you’ll be pleased to hear I finished it on time and that it did not require 1200g of yarn!
I’ll share as soon as I have a photo.